- Yesterday I shot video of myself, learned how to edit video, then signed up for myspace in order to submit said video to a contest to meet Muse. THE THINGS I DO FOR THIS BAND.
- I like the new Doctor. It will take me some time to get used to him, I think, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to love him. I already love Amy. Girl's got her sassypants on.
- Despite how much I hate the allergy part of it, Spring is really a pretty season. I always forget how much I like the sight of new green grass blowing in the breeze before they cut it. In traffic on the highway today, I got to watch the tall grass on the sides of the highway and it was nice. Bright green grass and bright green trees and pretty blue skies. So pretty. If only I could live in a bubble for the season, it'd be great.
- Have I mentioned that I've got a third cat here? I'm keeping feigned_living
's cat Janet while she looks for an apartment. Janet is both sweet & adorable AND rotten & evil. One minute she'll be purring on my lap, the next she'll be tearing after Hawking wanting to "play". The cat drama in the apartment is epic. Hawking and Janet are almost friends, though- today they were chasing each other around without any growling! For about 10 minutes! I was shocked. Tesla is still standoffish, though.
- Actually, Tesla is amazing. When Janet started harassing Hawking more than Hawking liked, Tesla totally slapped Janet on the top of the head to get her to leave Hawking alone. I kiiiiiind of wanted to give her a high five, except she's a cat. She's been really protective of Hawking, and it's really sweet. Tesla is such a momma cat, even without her claws. But I made the appropriate "hey I do not like fighting" noises, because that's the thing to do.
- There was a notice on my car this morning from the Arlington Police Department. Apparently they came around and did a sort of inspection of cars, to check for things that would make a car a target for burglary, and then left "report cards". My car passed. I thought it was pretty cool that they would do something like that, just as a public service. I really do like the Arlington PD. Every time I've had to deal with them (due to Ben Garcia or Beatrice Sandovall's warrants) they've been super nice. I know cops can have a bad rap in some cities, but Arlington police have always been awesome in my experience.
- I used to talk to these guys online all the time, back in 2001-2004 or so, and now they are touring Europe
. I am so happy for them. That is so cool. Also, it seems they've stuck with this band name for more than three seconds, which is a new record I think!
- Actually, I'm really proud of them, honestly. They have won an NME award and apparently Morrissey went to see their show
. That is super awesome.
- I am babysitting 4 of the next 6 nights.
- I really want to scrape the stickers off the back window of my car, and get new ones.
- I've had the urge to do something ridiculous for a while now. I shall use some of my babysitting funds to do something ridiculous. I'm not sure what it will be yet, but it will be ridiculous, and also epic.
- Janet is currently chasing her tail. Enthusiastically.
- I'm sleepy, so I'm going to bed.