I need an icon that says "I AM MADE OF AWESOME", for when I win.
I finished the hat! Some bragging points:
1) I made the chart myself based on this book cover
. I kept trying to do fancy things with photoshop and such, but ended up doing it in Excel.
2) I knit this hat TWICE. For someone who hates knitting the same thing twice, this is awesome.
3) This was my first time doing intarsia. I think I pretty much aced it, too.
4) You're not supposed to be able to do intarsia in the round, but I found a funny little trick to make it work, because I was determined to make it a proper round hat, with a proper intarsia logo. None of this "knitting flat and seaming" business, and no duplicate stitching the whole thing!
5) The funny little trick made an ugly sort of seam in the back, so I took the idea and improved it, because I wanted this hat to be awesome. There is no ugly seam on the back of this hat.
Basically, I'm an awesome knitting genius. And I win. Forever. I'm going to give it to Scott Sigler on Friday when he's in Dallas on his book tour (Oh wow a podcast author doing a publisher-sponsored BOOK TOUR, that is really seriously awesome) and it will be Fun Times.
Also, meet CephaloPod:
CephaloPod is my new iPod that I picked up with my crazy overtime monies. I knew there was a reason I kept showing up to work every day. And, for the record, you CAN plug in two iPods at the same time. Here is proof
. iTunes just sort of went "Oh, okay then" and showed both of them and was updating both at the same time like it was nothing. And I felt incredibly dorky for having two iPods plugged in at once.